enough + to V 句型 |蛤？形容詞和副詞放在enough前?
enough to V 的意思是「夠…而可做某事」，屬於表示程度和結果的句型。
enough是副詞，修飾形容詞或副詞。注意，和中文不同的是，enough所修飾的形容詞或副詞是放在前面，即adj/adv + enough表示「足夠…的程度」，to V後面接動詞，表示足以做某事。
此句型常和so … that、such … that、too … to V做代換，記得必須依照文意做變化。
enough + to V的句型
I. adj + enough + to V
The girl is old enough to go to school.
→ old + enough to V (年紀夠大)
My colleague is rich enough to buy several houses.
→ rich + enough (夠有錢)
→ ＝ My colleague is so rich that he can buy several houses.
→ ＝ My colleague is such a rich man that he can buy several houses.
The table is sturdy enough to hold much weight.
→ sturdy + enough (夠堅固)
→ The table is so sturdy that it can hold much weight.
→ This is such a sturdy table that it can hold much weight.
II. adv + enough + to V
Miriam studied hard enough to pass all the exams.
→ hard + enough (夠努力)
→ = Miriam studied so hard that she passed all the exams.
The principal spoke loudly enough to let everyone hear him clearly.
→ loudly + enough (夠大聲地)
→ = The principal spoke so loudly that everyone could hear him clearly.
The young actress acted well enough to win an award.
→ well + enough (夠好地)
→ = The young actress acted so well that she could win an award.
- Sheila looks _______ to beat her opponent.
(A) so confident
(B) such confident
(C) enough confident
(D) confident enough
- The worker felt ______ to continue his work.
(A) full enough
(B) enough full
(C) so full
(D) very full
- The secretary typed ______ to finish typing this letter in time.
(A) enough fast
(B) fast enough
(C) too fast
(D) so fast
- so + adj/adv + that S V (如此...以致於)
- such + adj N + that S V (如此...以致於)
- too + adj/adv + to V (太...而不能)
- adj/adv + enough + to V (夠...而可以)
- The bird disguised itself well enough to successfully avoid its predator.